This post begins a three-part series about the relationship between Novalis Innovative Flooring and the environment – both indoors and outdoors.
Let’s begin at the beginning …
We Started with Care for the Environment Dr. Z.L. Wu, the founder of Novalis Innovative Flooring, saw an alternative to the consumption of natural raw materials in the production of flooring. He recognized that the time was right for Luxury Vinyl Tile – a versatile alternative flooring that could be manufactured cost-efficiently in China. Shortly after doing his own research and development, Dr. Wu established the first LVT factory in China in 1987. A new chapter in Chinese manufacturing was born.
This innovative approach to a new flooring solution led Novalis on a mission that it still embraces today.
Our Commitment to Nature At Novalis, we follow environmentally responsible manufacturing practices every day. For example:
- Novalis produces healthy and environmentally responsible flooring with its zero-waste-to-landfill production facility.
- During the Novalis manufacturing process, 100% of production water is recycled, and 100% of production waste is granulated to become part of new flooring in a closed-loop recycling process.
- With the implementation of an improved low-carbon press process, Novalis manufacturing reduced 78% of its steam consumption.
- Novalis uses 100% natural gas for its manufacturing – the cleanest fossil fuel energy available in the world today.
- Over 85% of Novalis raw materials are sourced within 800 km of our factory, with the goal of 100%.
- Novalis luxury vinyl flooring is 100% recyclable. After the product life span, it can be recycled to make new flooring, without pollution or waste production.
Of course, many manufacturers “talk” about caring for the environment. At Novalis, we do something about it. We demonstrate our commitment through our certifications, memberships, compliances, transparency and recognition from around the world.
In today’s manufacturing world, companies aspire to rigid, third-party certification of their practices to help ensure their standards are the highest for quality. Novalis has accomplished and maintains the highest standards as a leader in LVT design and production:
ISO Certifications With a first-class production facility and the strictest quality controls,Novalis Innovative Flooring represents quality and trust with its products … internationally.
ISO 9001 Quality Management System Certification Novalis Innovative Flooring has an integrated Quality Management System achieving international standards encompassing facilities, people, training, services and equipment. Novalis was the first LVT manufacturer certified with ISO 9001 in China.
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System In 2010, Novalis achieved ISO 14001 certification, reaching international environmental management levels and ensuring the application of all green business requirements during the production process. Compliance means our operations and processes have a minimum environmental impact.
OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Assessment System Novalis complies with this worldwide comprehensive program for managing occupational health and safety issues. OHSAS 18001 focuses on minimizing risks and preventing accidents during manufacturing while effectively lowering insurance premiums, reducing costs and increasing productivity.
In Part Two we will discuss Novalis support of environmentally-focused organizations.